Good Guys 23, Wisky 31
This game is a coin flip for me.
I think Penn State is the better team by the end of this season.
But What about the first game of the year?
What about at Camp Randall in front of the first crowd in 20 months?
Penn State can certainly be a great team and win this game pretty easily…
- If the secondary plays like they’ve been hyped.
- If the line-backing group can do their job in pass coverage and if Brandon Smith can create havoc in the pass rush.
- If the new faces at defensive end can make an impact.
- If the offensive line can create those running lanes.
- If Sean Clifford isn’t his own worst enemy.
The pieces are all there, but it’s really hard to know what we have. By the end of September, we’ll have a pretty good idea.
In the meantime, there’s a few too many IFs even for this Nittany Lions die hard. So color me skeptical.
How’d the heck did I get to 23 points? A lot of field goals and a lot of red zone inefficiency.
Prove me wrong, Fightin’ Franklins!!!